Saturday 21 June 2014

Blog Reader was Abused as a Child and It's Affecting her Relationship




Woman Worried About Relationship
Hello Isaiah, please I need fellow blog readers' help.
I am a 24 year old promising young lady residing outside Nigeria. I recently just obtained my Masters degree and plan to move to Nigeria this June 2014. God blessed me with great looks so getting a guy has never been an issue for me. But there is a problem.  
Whilst studying for my Masters' degree, I met a young man in his mid 30's who loves me with every fiber of his being. This man is any woman's dream but the issue is that he loves me more than I love him and it's not that I don't love him.  
When he finished his Masters degree, he relocated to Nigeria and we agreed to keep in touch. We talk everyday whenever time permits. I look forward to seeing him and miss
him, however this man feels that I don't love him enough because I do not express it as much as he does.  
I admit I am not the most open of people. I am not a sensitive woman at all. I have tried to tell him that we are two different people with different personalities but he thinks I am too rigid. From the age of 7 - 9, I was sexually abused which he doesn't know yet as we are 3 months into the relationship. That led to a lot of things in my life but thank God I am over that. HIS resurrection brought me a new life and wiped away my past of which I am endlessly grateful for. For the gift of life, Yahweh, I thank you. 
Anyway, I love this man and I don't want to loose him as I plan on getting married to him. He hinted marriage and said we could be married by December but with the way things are going, he is not happy. 
Please, please, please, fellow readers, how can I express myself to show this man that I love him. What am I doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment