Tuesday 9 September 2014

Eminem's 'Rap God,' Sets New Guinness World Record





Eminem will be honored in the 60th anniversary edition of the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most words in a hit song.

According to Billboard, Eminem's hit single, "Rap God," totals 1,560 words, rapped in six minutes and four seconds.


In an interview with MTV News, Eminem talked about how long it took to write the song. "I don't know because I stopped counting bars," he said. "That particular beat was so crazy when I first heard it, it made me want to write. I was writing a lot, it probably took 6 minutes to write, as long as it took to rap it."

Eminem received praise for the speed and rhythm in which he performs "Rap God," but was also critiqued for his homophobic lyric choice as we previously reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment