Wednesday 15 June 2016

Woman whose husband set her blaze narrates what happened




We reported how a man poured fuel on his wife and set her on fire.

The victim identified as Mrs. Margaret Onya, and lives on  35, JB Street, Ekosodin quarters, off Ugbowo-Lagos Road around the University of Benin.has now narrated how the tragic incident actually happened.
Speaking to reporters today from her hospital bed at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, UBTH said

 “We had a quarrel and my husband told me he would teach me a lesson. After our disagreement, I sat on the chair and my husband went inside, brought petrol and wanted to pour it on me.

“I held the jar and as we were dragging, I was shouting for help. He overpowered me and poured the contents on me and lit a match.

“I was saved by one of my neighbours who rushed into our apartment and put out the fire and then to the hospital,” the victim added.

No comments:

Post a Comment