Tuesday 25 November 2014

I Am Tired Of My Woman's Troubles



Man and woman issue is one delicate matter that gets messy so easily if not handle with serious care.

What is the problem in the marriage in focus? According to the husband:
"The troubles with our marriage started when I refused to sleep in my wife’s room 40 days after she was delivered of our child. I couldn’t because I knew it would be unhealthy to have fun when she wasn’t strong enough. So, I had to sleep in my first wife’s room.”

The 62-year-old husband, Iyanda Busari, a resident of No. 20, Orilawe Street, Alagbado, a Lagos suburb, prayed the Customary Court, Alakuko, to dissolve his 17-year-old marriage to his wife, Bukola, over her “troublesome attitude.”

He told the court: “She rain curses on me and nags a lot. In fact, she is uncontrollable. My relations had to stop visiting our house because of her behaviour. The last time I slept with her was three months ago. I know she can’t turn over a new leaf. I don’t want this marriage anymore.”

In her response, the 45-year-old wife said: "My husband’s first wife is the problem. She virtually complains about everything I do. Each time I complain about the woman’s attitude, my husband beats me. He doesn’t know anything about our children’s education. My husband keeps insisting they enroll in an Arabic school.

“At one of the landlords’ association’s meetings, my husband said that armed robbers usually invade the neighbourhood because I sell local herbal mixtures. He sent me out of the shop I built and gave it to his wife. I leave the house every morning because it is always on ‘fire’. Since I received the summons, I stopped greeting him. He must refund the money I lent him during his mother’s burial because I am still struggling to have a means of livelihood.”

The marriage is blessed with three children but love is now very far from the couple

The court’s President, Chief Awos Awosola, has adjourned the matter till November 27 for judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment