Thursday 16 July 2015

Former Governor Lamido FINALLY Speaks Up About His Time In Prison



Alhaji Sule Lamido, the former governor of Jigawa state  declared on Wednesday that he bore no grudge against anyone over his week long incarceration.

Lamido who made a triumphant entry into Kano on a chattered aircraft (5N—LDM) by 1.26pm and was welcomed by thousands of supporters who sclaed the fence of VIP section of Malam Aminu Kano International Airport.



After the politician snuck into a waiting SUV on a journey to his NNDC palatial residence in company of over 2,000 cars, he briefed reporters in his home.

 Lamido said that he was a veteran of incarnation, pointing out that there was nothing new in it. He said: "I’m not new to detention facility, it’s all part of struggle for life. If the purpose is to humiliate, deconstruct me and my family, well that is hazard of occupying a high office."

The former governor also pointed out that being in prison brought out his other side. He said: "It is difficult to share my prison with anyone because it’s not like hunger or something tangible. You have to be in there to feel what I went through with my children”.

He finished his statement by saying "Yes, people hate me because of I am outspoken, I want to make it clear that Nigeria remain my country, there is no way I can runaway to other country and even at that where do I go?”

The former Governor expressed his gratitude to the judiciary to have recognised his personality as he stressed that the gesture has restored confidence in the polity.

No comments:

Post a Comment