Tuesday 27 January 2015

I'm not an indigenous rapper..A rapper is a Rapper- Reminisce



Remilekun Abdulkalid Safaru famously known as Reminisce is often called an indigenous rapper because just like his counterparts Olamide and Phyno, he raps mainly in the yoruba dialect.. 
In an interview with Encomium, the new Orinjin ambassador who is  one of Nigeria's most talented acts said, a rapper is a rapper..

How did 2014 treat you, what was the year like?
2014 was an amazing year for me. From my album selling well over a million, to the endorsements and the Time magazine recognition and also the birth of my second child.
Do you think indigenous rappers get the accolades they deserve when compared to their English counterparts?
They are beginning to get all they deserve. I don’t subscribe to the tag indigenous. I believe a rapper is a rapper.
What’s your assessment of the Nigerian music industry in the past year?
We don’t have an industry. We just have people who have decided to hustle their way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment